Monday

The Making of Baby Newton!!!!! May 2010

"For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him" Samuel 1:27

So if you know anything about me then you know that I LOVE CHILDREN! I have told Jon from day one that his calling in life was to be a basketball coach, and my calling was to be a MOMMY! Although we would have been perfectly okay with starting a family from day 1 of our marriage we decided to wait until we were a little more settled! We were married September 22, 2007 and moved into our first home together! We both began our careers as Special Education Teachers and immediately started on our Master's. We completed our Master's in August 2009 (Whew, YAY!) and immediately starting thinking BABIES (if not a few months earlier)! We had just found out that my brother and his wife were expecting their 1st baby so we decided to hold off for a bit so we wouldn't steal their thunder! In December, I stopped taking my birth control with the intention of letting it get out of my system before trying for a baby. When our nephew, Jace, arrived in early March, it was GAME OVER! We went home that week and printed off a fertility calendar and decided it was time! Shortly after, Jon downloaded the BabyMed fertility App on his iphone which helped us to see when we were most likely to conceive! Jon and I were both prepared for the road ahead. We tried to put little emphasis on getting pregnant in hopes that it would help if we weren't stressed. We figured that since meeting each other in elementary school, falling in love, and getting married had been so easy, having a baby may not be. April came with a negative pregnancy test....Jon was devastated and immediately asked "what's wrong with us". May came and yet another negative pregnancy test. Then we were on our first week of summer break in June and this time the pregnancy test read POSITIVE!!!!


For months we had thought about having a baby....after about 1 minute of holding our new nephew Jace, the wait was OVER!  He was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment