Tuesday

Jameson will be HERE Thursday!

         "Behold, children are a heritage of the Lord, the fruit of the womb..." Psalm 127:3

        
         Jon and I have made the BIG decision!  If Jameson hasn't arrived on his own by Thursday (10th), we will be induced at 6 am!  YAY!!!!  This was a long decision making process (as is everything for me) but several factors played into our choice for Thursday! 
         -My due date is this Friday, February 11th and my doctor will not let me go over any more than a week.  She is not on call this weekend, we don't want to be induced on Monday because it's Valentine's Day (we think Jameson deserves his own holiday!) and our doctor is off on Tuesdays.  Therefore, if we made it to Friday (our due date) we wouldn't want to induce until next Wednesday which seems like forever away and we are afraid I would go into labor on my own and Dr. Ott wouldn't be there to deliver and, well, we LOVE her and want her to be there!
          -Our parents will be able to attend Thursday!  My Mom and Ann have already taken off so they were easy to work with!  But since we hadn't decided to induce up to this point, my Dad went ahead and took a load Monday morning that won't put him back home until Wednesday night.  Also, Ronnie has to go back to work on Friday.  Therefore, we chose Thursday so that everyone will be there for Jameson's arrival! 
         
          Just a few things to comment on after 40 weeks:
                   1.  I am still an "innie" belly button!  I cannot believe I made it 40 weeks without my belly button poking out!  I am super pleased with this because it was not something I was excited about!
                   2.  However, I did not escape the dreaded stretch marks :(  I only have a couple on my lower sides but I'm still not too excited about it!  I'm hoping the gallons of Palmer's stretch mark cream I have been putting on will help things go back to the way they were after Jameson arrives!
                   3.  I cannot believe I have had a baby inside my belly for 9 months now!  It seems absolutely crazy!  In one way it has FLOWN by and in another it seems like it was a decade ago when we had a positive pregnancy test! 
                   4.  I have been SO BLESSED throughout this entire pregnancy!  My family, friends and coworkers have been absolutely amazing and I couldn't have asked for more support!  Plus, overall, I have felt relatively well and only had 1 scare!  Of course, I've had bouts with morning (day and night) sickness, heartburn, sleep, discomfort, UTIs, etc, but I honestly think I've been pretty blessed to feel this good at this point!
                   5.  Not that I didn't already know this, but I have the most amazing Husband in the entire world!!!!  Before the baby, I thought Jon and I couldn't get any closer or any happier than we already were, but it somehow happened!  I have never seen him so excited about something in my entire life!  His protective instinct, support, love, compassion and excitement during this entire pregnancy has made me see that he is going to be the best Dad that Jameson could possibly ask for!  I know that our love and happiness will only continue to grow as we welcome J Baby and start our FAMILY OF 3!!!  I love you Jon Newton!
                    6.  I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET MY LITTLE BABY BOY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting, Carly! I'll be praying for you. I'm sure you've packed, but the Blue Eyed Bride has her hospital list posted today @ blueeyedbride.com

    ReplyDelete