Sunday

39 Week Checkup! February 2, 2011

             39 Weeks, WOOOHOOO!!!!  Let’s hope Jameson decides to come within the next week!  I am honestly nervous about labor/delivery (which I suspect is normal) but I couldn’t be more excited about being a MOMMY very soon!  Those who know me best know that I LOVE children more than anything, so becoming a Mommy will truly be the best blessing I could ever ask for!  I thank God daily for answering our prayers and giving us the greatest opportunity in the world, becoming Mommy and Daddy!
            My appointment was at 12:55 today and it went pretty fast!  I signed in and they checked the usual.  I lost 2 lbs (not sure how) so my total pregnancy weight gain is now 14 lbs!  My blood pressure was 110 over 72, which is still great!  Leanne, my nurse, is the sweetest little thing ever and she always chats with me while we are doing all the weighing in and usual pre-exam stuff!  She told me today that she sees a ton of patients from the Webster County area and she’s always wanted to ask people (but never felt comfortable) why we travel so far to come to Deaconess.  Then she said, “But, I really like you and you seem like you wouldn’t mind, so I thought I would ask you!”  Haha, I credit Grandma Liz for my excellent communication skills!  So, I told Leanne the reason WE chose Deaconess Women’s Center: 
1.      The hospitals closest to Webster County are Regional Medical Center in Madisonville and Methodist in Henderson.  Although both of these hospitals are great facilities and provide jobs for SEVERAL people I know, they don’t have the technology and updates that Deaconess does.  Which is makes sense because Madisonville and Henderson are considerably smaller cities compared to Evansville. 
2.      The drive (about 40 minutes for us) isn’t that bad because it is mostly parkway!
3.      Deaconess WOMEN’S Center, need I say more?!?!
4.      My cousin, Jill, is a labor and delivery nurse at Deaconess and helped deliver Baby Jace which made it soooo much easier on Jared and Lindsay.  She has already agreed to be there for the birth of Jameson which I know will really help Jon and I feel more comfortable since we trust her with all our heart!

So, really it was a combination of several reasons, but overall the Women’s Center just offers great technology, very nice rooms, and amazing doctors that we couldn’t pass up on!
            Next, I headed to the exam room to wait for Dr. Ott.  She came in shortly and asked how I was doing.  I replied, “Just waiting on my little man!”  She laughed and said, “Well, honey, it won’t be long FOR SURE now!”  First, she measured my belly.  I measured 38.5 cm which is pretty close to my 39 week mark!  We listened to Baby Jameson’s heartbeat and she said it still sounded perfect, registering at 129-131 bpm!  She examined me next and I am now 2 ½ cm dilated and still around 50% thinned out!  So, we made a little more progress!  She asked about induction again and if I had changed my mind.  I told her that I wasn’t against the idea, but I wasn’t miserable yet, so I would like to think about it and discuss it with Jon again.  She said that was perfectly fine and if we did decide to induce, we could just call the office and schedule a day.  She is off this weekend so she suggested Monday morning (the 7th) or Wednesday morning (the 9th) because she doesn’t work on Tuesdays.  Jon and I have talked about it and we are completely on the fence!  She said since I am making progress on my own, I really shouldn’t worry about an induction not working.  On the other hand, my sister-in-law Lindsay was induced with Jace on a Tuesday morning and he didn’t arrive until FRIDAY (via c-section)!!!  Plus, I hate to rush Jameson if he is having a good time in my belly!  So, we are still trying to decide…… Next appointment (if we don’t decide to induce) is next Wednesday, February 9th!

Jameson at 39 Weeks:
            At this point, Jameson should weigh a little over 7 lbs and measure around 20 inches (a mini watermelon).  He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth.  He is fully ready for life outside the womb!

Favorite Moments this Week:
            -Sunday during church Jon happened to be the one sitting at the end of our pew.  A little boy and his Mom went to the restroom and when they returned the little boy ran up to our pew (his family was 2 pews behind us) and looked at Jon and said, “Daddy, I potty!” Jon started laughing and then the boy realized he clearly wasn’t his Daddy and he ran back to his pew!  It was so cute though and obviously made me think about Jameson doing the same thing some day!
            -Every day this week my students have asked me, “When’s the baby coming, when’s the baby coming?!?!”  I keep telling them that it will be any day and then they say, “Tomorrow?”  It’s so cute that they don’t really understand the concept that Jameson chooses his birthday.  One of my 2nd graders said on Friday (as she rubbed my belly), “You are having a baby. You need to quit working so he will come out!” Haha, I love it! I keep telling them that the day they come in to school and I’m not there, then they will know Jameson has arrived!
            -Our JV and Varsity basketball team played Union County (one of our district rivals) Friday night at Webster.  My Husband pulled off a GREAT victory (46-40) in JV and then Varsity won (51-48) in the final seconds of the game!  It was a great night at Trojan Gym!!! 

Symptoms:
               No snow days this week, so it was the first FULL 5-day week of work since before Christmas!  It was a long week, but I made it through!  I’ve still been feeling pretty good, but sleeping was a major problem this week.  I had about 2 hours of sleep total on both Tuesday and Wednesday night.  Tuesday night I was up all night in pain and having contractions, just not in consistent intervals, and Wednesday night I woke up early in the night and just couldn’t fall back to sleep until 5 am!!!  Jon told me to take the day off Thursday but I went ahead and worked anyway.  Otherwise, I am still feeling pressure down low, struggling to tie my shoes, having some heartburn again, feeling some shooting pains in my lower back, and experiencing numbness in my hands and legs at night time.  I still don’t feel miserable and seem like I can tackle almost any task I need to, but I get tired a lot easier now!  Still going to the potty A LOT too!  So, it seems like I have been pretty fortunate to this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment