Monday

38 Week Checkup! January 26, 2011

            Are we really already at 38 weeks?!?!?!  I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by!  We are SOOOOOO very excited about the NEAR arrival of our Baby Jameson!!!!
            Today was a SNOW DAY!  Although the weather forecast called for a dusting of snow, we woke up to about 4 inches and it was one of the prettiest snows I’ve ever seen!  So, Jon and I slept in until about 8, which was GREAT!  My sis-in-law Lindsay headed in to work for 6 hours because her school district is requiring teachers to make up time missed from snow (she works in a different county) so Jon and I went and picked up Jace from the babysitter and kept him from about 10 until 2!  He was so much fun!  We had nap time, played, ate, and watched cartoons!  We just love that little boy!



Playing in the nursery!  I just love his teeth coming in!!!
 

This is the view from Jameson's nursery window!!!  The snow was so beautiful!!!
             Later, we headed to Evansville for our appointment at 4!  We waited quite a while again today.  Once they took me back they checked the usual.  I gained 3 lbs which brings my total pregnancy weight gain to 16 lbs!!!!  My blood pressure was 112 over 68 which is still great!  My urine also looked good so hopefully my prescription is taking care of the UTI! 
            Next, we headed into the exam room and waited for Dr. Ott!  She came in after about 25 minutes of waiting, let’s just say Jon is quite the entertainer while we have to wait!  Dr. Ott entered as her bubbly self, but apologized for the delay and said it had been a crazy day!  She is always so nice!  She measured my belly first.  Still right on track at close to 38 cm!  Next we listened to Baby Jameson’s heart beat!  She said it sounded perfect and registered at around 120 bpm! 
            Dr. Ott did my exam next.  This week I was dilated 2 cm and still about 50% thinned out!  Wow, making some progress!  She asked if I wanted her to strip my membranes and since I had heard it can really hurt, I decided no for now.  She said that was perfectly okay, as it only works for about 50% of patients so there is no guarantee it would do anything for me!  Plus, I’m not at the miserable stage yet, so I figured I would give him some time!  Next she asked us about our timetable and how we felt about induction.  I told her that, for now, I don’t want to induce because I still feel pretty good and would like to give him some time to come on his own!  We asked her how long she lets her patients go before she takes the baby.  She said the most she will allow me to go over my due date before inducing me is 1 week.  Therefore, Jameson will be here in 3 weeks or LESS!!!!  She said that the rate of having a still born increases drastically after 41 weeks of pregnancy so they go ahead and induce before reaching that point.  Jon and I agreed that we would wait another week until our next appointment and re-evaluate the induction decision.  Maybe if I’ve reached the point of misery, we will consider it, but for now, we will let Jameson take his time!  Next appointment is in 1 week, Wednesday, February 2nd!!!!

Jameson at 38 weeks:
            At this point, Jameson weighs around 6 ½ pounds and is over 19 ½ inches long (like a leek)!  He has a firm grip at this point too (can’t wait for him to wrap his little hand around my finger)!!!!  His organs have now matured and are prepared for life outside of the womb! WOW!

Symptoms:
Not much energy! Also, I’ve noticed more back pain, Braxton Hicks contractions, and I have a harder time sleeping.  I toss and turn quite a bit at night time and go to the restroom at least 2 times.  I can really tell a difference in the way I’ve been feeling during the day.  In the last week I have been taking more naps after work and on the weekends and I feel a little more sluggish during the day.  I’m sure part of this is due to my lack of sleep at night time!  I’m still moving around pretty good, although I catch myself waddling some!  Putting on socks and tying my shoes are a HUGE task these days!  I’m lucky that Jon is there to help most of the time!  I’ve noticed much more intense pain in the last week as well.  No consistent contractions, but sometimes when I have them, I stop and think WHOA!  I can also tell that Jameson has moved down more!  I feel constant pressure when I walk and I’m pretty sure he camps out on my bladder because I think I could sit on the potty all day and still feel like I need to go!  Honestly, overall, I still feel considerably well and hope that I continue to feel this way for the duration!

Favorite Moments of the Week:
            -While we were babysitting Jace on Wednesday he woke up from his nap after about an hour (I lay down with him in our bed) so I packed him to the living room where Jon was laying on the couch.  I sat down in the recliner with Jace and after about 2 rocks, he fell back asleep on my shoulder!  Jon said, “Just bring him over here and lay him down with me.”  So I laid him down on the couch with Jon.  It wasn’t 5 minutes and both of them were asleep!  It was so precious, I just had to take a picture! 



My favorite boys taking a nap!!!  So precious!!!!!!
           -After we left our doctor’s appointment Wednesday we headed to Babies R’ Us to return a few things.  While we were there we got the call telling us that we didn’t have school Thursday either.  We were both pleased with this news because this meant another day of relaxing!  So, we left Babies R’ Us and decided to go to Hacienda for dinner!  We had a great dinner and spent over an hour talking about Baby Jameson!  Then, we headed to Wal-Mart to pick up some much needed groceries!  I wore out quickly and by the last aisle at Wal-Mart Jon said I was starting to “waddle” and we needed to head home so I could prop my feet up and rest.  It was a great snow day with my Hubby and a great evening with him too!  It’s days like today that make me smile the most!  No major excitement, just quality time hanging out with Jon and Baby Jameson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment