Friday

35 Weeks! January 7, 2011

            We are 35 weeks today!  Woohoo!  Only 5 more weeks to go!  It was back to work this week :(  I wasn’t excited about getting up every morning again but it was definitely good to see my kiddos!  I’ve missed them over break and there is nothing like walking in the room and 30 little kiddos yelling, “Mrs. Carly, Mrs. Carly!”  I just love them!  My first week back to work has been busy, but refreshing.  I was worried about how I would feel after being off for 2 weeks but I honestly didn’t rest much over break so I guess it wasn’t too big of an adjustment!  I tackled the week without any problems!


A picture from a student! This is why I love kids!

 Jameson at 35 weeks:
            Jameson now weighs 5 ¼ pounds (size of a honeydew melon) and is over 18 inches long!  My pregnancy book says that he doesn’t have much room to move around now so I might not notice him doing somersaults anymore but I should definitely still feel him kicking.  This is very true because I have noticed less “rolling around” but more kicking!  And sometimes he rattles my whole belly!  His kidneys are fully developed now!  Most of his physical development is now complete and he will spend the next final weeks putting on weight!  Can't wait to see who he looks like!

Favorite Moments this Week:
            Our crib came in last Friday afternoon so Jon and I headed to Babies "R" Us on Saturday to pick it up!  We came home that night and were so excited we had to go ahead and put it together!  Jon did the work while I sat there and read the instructions!  It ended up being a pretty easy process and the crib looks great, if I say so myself!  When we finished, Jon looked in it and said, "Aww, that's where Baby Jameson is going to sleep!"       

The nursery at Mom and Dad's, where we currently live!  The lighting was a little weird so here is a picture with the lights on and a picture with just the natural light.  The walls are a pale yellow so that when we move out Mom can have a "neutral" colored nursery at her house in case we EVER get some girls in this family!  HAHA!






Adorable decorative wall decals made by the same Brand (Cocalo) in Jameson's bedding theme Noah and Friends!  Mom bought them for Christmas and they look great in his nursery!


             Sunday, January 2nd was my 26th birthday (Oh My!).  We went to church that morning and then came home and did some relaxing.  Mom had bought us our stroller and car seat combo for our shower this weekend and told us we could go ahead and put it together.  So that afternoon, Jon put the stroller together while Mom and I put the finishing touches on the nursery!  After the nursery was complete and the stroller was assembled, we took the car seat out and put it in my car!  So, we are READY! 

Car seat is installed and ready to go!

Symptoms:

I’m still feeling really well (fingers crossed)!  Well, outside of my trip to the care center this afternoon!  It seems like it just all hit me at once last night and my nose was running, my throat was sore, I was aching and coughing.  Turns out, I have an upper respiratory infection and they gave me some medicine!

My biggest problems come at bedtime.  I feel the most pain when I am lying in bed.  I don’t notice any hip pain throughout the day but throughout the night they really bother me.  I am still using a pillow between my legs and last night I even doubled it and felt much more relief.  I was awake for about an hour and considered going to the recliner, but then finally fell back asleep.  I also still feel pain in my abdomen when I roll from one side to the other, BOY DO I MISS SLEEPING ON MY BACK!!!!!!!  I am now getting up at least 2 times a night to go potty.  I have also noticed that even after going potty my bladder still feels full.  You know how it feels when you have waited a long time to go and when you finally do you feel instant relief?  Yeah, I don’t really feel that any more :)  Other than that, the Benadryl still helps me sleep better (not great) and my Tums Smoothies help with the heartburn!  Our 36 week appointment is next Wednesday, January 12th!  After that we will start going weekly until we meet our little man!  Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment