Saturday

31 Weeks, a Brunch, and Basketball! December 11, 2010

                   We are 31 weeks and our due date is 2 months from today!  This week ended much better than last week!  No visits to Triage, no baby issues, a family brunch and a surprise baby shower!  Yay!  Plus, we are expecting some snow tomorrow and this week is our last week of school before Christmas break begins!  I am looking forward to spending 2 weeks doing last minute Christmas shopping, going to Jon’s basketball games, spending time with my family, and RESTING!  Then, it’s back to work for about 5 weeks before Jameson’s arrival!  We are on the downward slope now and I can’t believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by!  I’m so excited to meet my precious angel!

Nana Linda hung stockings for Jace and Baby Jameson at her house!


I wish you could have seen Jon when he saw the "I love Coach Newton" onesie!!!!


             31 Weeks:  According to my baby book, Jameson should weigh around 3.3 pounds and is over 16 inches long!  He can turn his head from side to side and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out!  The book also says Baby is moving a lot (yes, he is) and so you may have trouble sleeping (yes, I am) because your baby’s kicks and somersaults keep you up!  Take comfort in the movement as it is a sign that your baby is active and healthy!!  My symptoms still include heartburn, although TUMS smoothies are still helping!  I’m also still having trouble sleeping.  I FINALLY bought some Benadryl that my doctor recommended taking before bed to sleep better.  It helped the first 2 nights but last night wasn’t so great.  Hopefully, tonight will be better!  I have noticed DAILY changes in my belly!  I told Jon just last night that people have been telling me my whole pregnancy that I don't look very big and haven't gained much weight, but I think they are getting ready to see a BIG change!  I feel like it grows 6 more inches each day!  I've noticed that putting on socks, bending over, raising up out of bed and getting up off the floor have become quite challenging lately!  Other than being a little tired from not sleeping I am still feeling pretty good!  Next doctor's checkup is this Thursday (16th)!  We will see how much Baby Jameson has grown and how much Mommy has gained :) 
Holiday Brunch:   Every year the Shelton girls (My Mamaw, Mom, Aunts, and Girl Cousins) have a brunch at my Aunt Denise’s house a few weeks before Christmas!  We have a great time getting together, eating, laughing, and playing games!  This year I was surprised when they told me to go have a seat in the living room and then everyone brought in a BABY GIFT!  How awesome!!!  Instead of playing a game this year, they decided to have a “mini” baby shower for me and Baby Jameson!  We received several cute outfits, blankets, diapers, bibs, etc that I know Jameson will get much use out of!  It is so special to be part of an amazing family and know that your child is going to be a part of something special as well!  We have had several trials and tragedies in our family this last year and it’s so comforting to know that we are all there for each other with nothing but kind words, thoughts and prayers!  My family is AMAZING!!!!



Shelton Cousins! 
Me, Maggie, Brittney B., Brittney D., and Lindsay
Melissa, Kelseay, and Kelly
LOVE THESE GIRLS!!!!


One of my Baby gifts!  A monogrammed onesie for Jameson!  We still haven't decided if he will be Jameson Jon Newton or Jon Jameson Newton, but either way, it works!

Me, Mom and Lindsay
 
Me and My Cousin Brittney......I put her to shame! 
Me - 31 weeks
Brittney - 21 weeks
BOTH BOYS!!!!

Basketball:  It’s December, which means basketball is now in full swing!  Jon has been working really hard this year in order to prepare for (what we have been told) his big debut as HEAD COACH next year!  I LOVE nothing more than to see him at work on the basketball court!  He knows SOOOO much about the game and has such a passion for it too!  He has wonderful relationships with his players and is able to communicate with them like they are his own boys!  It really says a lot about a coach when you have players who trust you with their personal issues, who call when they need help, invite you to the movies with them, randomly show up at your front door to visit, and who sent text messages when I was in the hospital saying they were praying for us!!!!  It’s like we have a whole other family!  Yes, some weeks are BUSY, BUSY and I don’t get to see him much, but all I have to think about is what he is doing for Webster County and those boy’s and it melts my heart!  Some Husbands go to work and then go to bars, some Husbands are lazy and sit on the couch all day, and some Husbands work 70 hours a week, so what my Husband does almost seems like a blessing!  I know that he does what he does for the love of the game, out of the goodness of his heart and to teach players to be successful on and off the court.  Let’s face it, we all know it’s not for the money because High School Basketball coaches don’t get paid millions to do what they do!  It’s truly for the LOVE OF THE GAME! 
Coach Newton on the sidelines

Time Out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment