Thursday

30 Weeks! December 2, 2010

        It's official, we are 3/4 of the way there!  Only 10 more weeks until we get to meet Baby Jameson!  I had my biweekly doctor's appointment today.  Things went very well!  First, Thanksgiving was a great way for Mommy and Baby to recover from the stomach virus because I gained 5 lbs since my last visit!  Yes, that means that my total pregnancy weight gain has now doubled and is 10 lbs!!!  My blood pressure was 110/70 which is perfectly normal for me!  Dr. Ott measured my belly today and said I am right on track with the 30 week mark.  When she felt my belly Jameson immediately kicked, which she thought was funny!  She said based on the location of his heartbeat and what she feels she thinks he has moved positions to head down, which is good.  He could still move back to breech position but this doesn't become a concern until I am 36 weeks.  She listened to his heartbeat and it was a solid 145, which is excellent!  We talked about my pediatrician, which will be Dr. Morgan at Henderson Pediatrics, my pre-registration appointment (which I have already scheduled, Go Me!), breast feeding (still undecided), and then fun stuff like the baby's full name (still undecided) and the nursery!  She also asked how "counting kicks" was going and I told her that Baby Jameson has no trouble meeting the 6 kicks/hour requirement!  Usually I can get him to count 10 times within the first 5 minutes of keeping track so he makes my job pretty easy! 
          Mom and I did some shopping after the appointment today!  We looked at Baby Depot for furniture and found some things I like, I'm just not sure when I will purchase furniture yet since Mom already has a crib at her house and we will be here for a while as the house is being built!  Anyway, it was fun to look at all the cute stuff!  I think Jon and I are going to try to register Saturday afternoon after his basketball games so that should be fun!  Mom and I also went to HHGregg where I purchased a 60" Plasma TV and a new Nikon Camera on Black Friday!  We didn't have a truck with us that day so we brought Jon's today to pick up the TV.  Let's just say the guy helping us had a VERY hard time fitting the TV in the bed of the truck.  Of course, he thought it was awesome and said he would love his wife forever if she brought home a TV that barely fit in the bed of his truck!  LOL, I think Jon feels the same way.  He said "I didn't realize how big 60" was" when we pulled in with it!  Plus, I'm sure Jameson will love watching cartoons on a big screen!

30 Weeks!  WOW, I'm getting big!

          Symptoms:  I haven't been sleeping well, still!  Last night was actually the first night in a few weeks that I can actually say I had a good night.  Between the discomfort, having to potty, Jameson moving, heartburn, rolling over, or getting hot I usually find myself awake several times a night and it usually takes me several hours to get back to sleep!  Therefore, I've been pretty exhausted lately!  Today was good though because I actually felt rested and could function at work!  My doctor suggested taking Benadryl before bedtime since it's safe during pregnancy and may help with my sleeping. My heartburn has still been consistent as well.  I eat Tums Smoothies regularly and they seem to work pretty well!  I haven't been as hot lately, but that could be because it actually turned to winter here!  I think the highs have been in the upper 30's and lower 40's for the last few days so I am loving that! 
           Next checkup is Dec. 16th!  I'll be 32 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment