Thursday

Happy Anniversary Hubby, I got you a BABY BOY!!!!! September 22, 2010


My SWEET Husband sent me flowers to work today!  He's so excited to find out the gender of our baby on our anniversary!!!

Happy 3 Year Anniversary to My AMAZING HUSBAND!!!!!!  You are my best friend, my soul mate, my first love, my only love!  I couldn’t be more excited about our future and spending the rest of my life making a family with you!!!!  I love you Jon Newton (aka Baby Daddy)!!!!!
SOOOOO, today was the BIG day!  GENDER ULTRASOUND!!!!!  What an exciting anniversary gift!  Today we found out that Baby Newton is a BOY!!!!!!!  We were honestly kind of expecting to hear this since Patti had already told us that she was leaning towards a boy, but nonetheless it was great to actually hear it OFFICIALLY!!!  I don’t think I have ever seen my husband more excited about something in my life!  He was so precious when they said “BOY” and I love that he has been so amazing through this entire pregnancy.  He has been so supportive, helpful/compassionate (ugh, the first trimester was rough), and excited about every part of this baby.  I’m so thankful for that because in my profession I frequently see fathers who have nothing or little to do with their children and it breaks my heart.  I know that Jon couldn’t be more excited and he will be the BEST DAD ever!  He has already started planning all the great things he will do with his son! 
During the ultrasound today they also had to get all kinds of measurements on baby.  The spine, heart, head, limbs, lungs, etc.  He was quite the active little fella so they weren't able to get all views of his heart and spine, but Dr. Ott assures us that there is nothing to worry about as this happens frequently.  All other views they did get looked great so we come back in a month for another ultrasound to get the remaining pictures.  Today baby weighed 11 ozs!  We could see his toes and fingers and he almost always has his hand by his face!  I wonder if this means he is going to be shy or if he's just sleepy and likes covering his face!
So, it’s a boy, let the name game begin!  I know this is going to be a long process since I usually can’t even decide what to order off a menu for dinner!  But, we have a few possibilities at this point:
Jameson (after both of our grandfather’s James), Colt, Dax, Jax, Tucker (Tuck for short), and Kase.
Tonight I felt Baby move and could actually tell what it was!  Since this is my first pregnancy I wasn’t real sure what qualified as movement!  I’ve felt a few rumbles that possibly could have been movement but tonight I am SURE it was him!  What an exciting day it has been!  A great anniversary, a baby boy, and the baby moved!  Thank you God for your many precious gifts!!!

Mom made us bring "It's a Boy and It's a Girl" signs for pictures!  It's a Boy won!


IT'S A BOY!!!!!

Our first purchase for BABY BOY!  We went straight to the mall after the ultrasound and I found this adorable onesie at Old Navy while Jon was returning some pants to another store.  When I met back with him and pulled it out of the bag and said "Baby Boy's first outfit" he grinned from ear to ear and said "It's perfect!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment