Thursday

Telling the Grandparents-To-Be!!!! June 8, 2010

So Jon and I have had a positive pregnancy test for 4 days now and we are BUSTING at the seams! We decided that we were going to tell ONLY our parents tonight so that we wouldn’t “accidentally” run in to my Mom at our doctor’s appointment tomorrow. I found a super cute poem on the internet that is written from “Baby Newton” to his/her Grandparents. So we decided to print off the poem in pink and blue paragraphs and buy some flowers to give to our moms when we told them the big news! We went to my Mom’s first. My Dad was on the road in his semi and wouldn’t be back until 2 days later so I decided we should tell Mom and then call my Dad. I walked in with the flowers and envelope and she said “Are those for Grandma’s Birthday?” (Today was Grandma Liz’s birthday). I said “No, they are for you!” Then I handed her the poem. She read about 3 lines before she figured out what it was, skipped to the end, read “Love Baby Newton” and started crying! Of course she gave me a big hug and said “I knew it wouldn’t be long! I’m so excited for you all, I know this is exactly what you’ve been wanting even though you wouldn’t tell me anything!” So then I immediately called Dad. We chatted for a minute and then I said “Well, Jon and I wanted to call and tell you some big news.” Dad said, “No way!” I laughed and said, “Do you think you know what it is?” He said, “You’re Pregnant!” I started laughing and said “Yes!” Then Dad said, “Well, I knew it wouldn’t be long! Congratulations! Is Jon excited?” I said, “Yes, he’s ecstatic!”
Unfortunately Jon’s Dad was working that night so we decided to go tell them the news the following day after our doctor’s appointment. Details to come…….

No comments:

Post a Comment