Thursday

Jameson Survived the Virus! November 17, 2010

       I left work early Tuesday because I had the stomach virus L I babysat Jace Monday and he had diarrhea. Jared and Lindsay both came home from work Monday with the virus and I guess it was my turn Tuesday L I started throwing up at work and it continued throughout the day. My doctor called in a prescription for Phenergan which helped me later that evening. I honestly felt like I was going to die! Completely lifeless! We became a little worried about baby because I was having stomach cramps and my doctor said that it could be contractions due to dehydration. If it was contractions then I COULD be in labor and would need to come in to the hospital to get fluids via IV to stop the contractions. This was VERY scary considering I am only 28 weeks pregnant!!!!!!! We watched my belly very closely all night and decided I was not having contractions that the cramps were from all of the vomiting and coughing. WHEW!
     I woke up this morning feeling better and not throwing up but now had diarrhea.  I stayed home from work again and laid in bed until about 1:00.  I had a doctor’s appointment already scheduled and I didn’t want to miss so Mom went ahead and took me.  Today was the yucky diabetes screening.  Since all I had eaten was a ½ a can of chicken noodle soup in the last 2 days I wasn’t excited about drinking a glass full of orange liquid, but I did it without hesitation within about 2 minutes! 
     After the glucola drink I headed to see my doctor.  I gained 1 whole pound since last month which brings my total pregnancy weight gain to 5 pounds!  The doctor didn’t seem too worried at this point.  She measured my belly and said it’s right on track.  We also talked about Pediatricians for the baby and discussed “counting kicks” which I now have to start recording twice a day.  At least 6 kicks in 1 hour is what I should expect, which I don’t think will be any trouble, because Baby Jameson usually kicks about 20 times in 20 minutes!  He’s quite the active little fella!  Dr. Ott asked several questions about my bout with the stomach virus and concluded that everything looked and sounded good.  As long as I stay hydrated I shouldn’t have to worry about the contractions.  Thank the Lord! 
      Since I am now 28 weeks pregnant my doctor visits are now biweekly until I get to 36 weeks, when they will be weekly until the baby arrives!  According to my pregnancy book baby now weighs 2 and a quarter pounds and is roughly 14.8 inches from head to heal!  Baby can now blink his eyes and has eye lashes!!! So amazing!  Next appointment is Dec. 2nd! So excited that Baby is getting closer and closer to arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment