Sunday

SOOO THANKFUL! November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Today, I am so thankful for the many gifts God has given me!

       First and foremost I am thankful for you, Lord, for without you, I would have nothing!  My faith in you keeps me going daily and I know you will always be by my side!  I am thankful to have been raised Catholic in a tiny church where my entire family sat in one pew every single Sunday my entire life.  I am thankful that I was baptized, made my first communion, my first confirmation, and married my best friend in your sacred home!  I am thankful that my Husband willingly and anxiously joins me for church each Sunday even though he was not raised in a church.  His outlook on life and faith has changed drastically! For the first 3 years of our marriage, Jon and I attended Christ the King in Madisonville since it was closer to our home.  Now that we have moved back to Slaughters we have started going back to my childhood church with my entire family again and it has been a blessing!  I have missed my church!  
       Second, I am so thankful for my Husband!  I could write a story about this amazing man, but I'll keep it brief for all you readers!  When I was in just the 7th grade I fell in love with "The boy across the street" (literally) and haven't looked back since!  We dated for 10 years straight (through middle school, high school and college) before marrying!  We've been married for 3 years and I can now say (at the age of 25) that I have spent OVER HALF of my life with Jon Newton!  We have had so much fun together and every day just brings more joy!  It's funny how much more you notice when you are expecting!  I stop daily and think "Wow, he is really amazing".  I wake up everyday to him telling me that I look beautiful or pretty or amazing and that means SOOOO much at a time like now when I feel like a stuffed sausage!  He is there every day to send me sweet emails at work, even if it's just to say "Good morning sweetheart, I miss you" or "How's my Mommy and Baby?" and it's the little things like that which make me so thankful to have him!  I know that he couldn't be more excited about the arrival of our little Jameson and he says a hundred times a day that he can't wait!  He truly is the most amazing gift and I thank God for him daily!
         Third, I am so thankful for my parents!  I think about all the responsibilities that a baby brings and all of the things that my parents did for me growing up that I will, in turn, do for my children.  It almost seems impossible to think about all of the things they've done for me and my brother.  Everything has always been about us and I know that if I am half the parent they both were, Baby Jameson will be just fine!  My brother and I have been out of our parent's house for 3 years now and just when they were starting to get used to it being the 2 of them, Jon and I come and move back in!  But they wouldn't have had it any other way!  We were honestly going to get an apartment and Mom and Dad insisted that we move in with them and save our money!  We are so grateful for all that they have done and continue to do for us!  While I'm talking about my parents I would like to also say how thankful I am for my brother Jared, sister-in-law Lindsay and nephew Jace!  It means so much to have a brother I can talk to and see daily, a sister-in-law I can complain to, go shopping with, and hang out with, and a nephew I can steal ALL kinds of kisses from!  Jace has truly prepared me for motherhood and every time I look at him I think "How could I possibly love anything more?"  But Lindsay says "Just wait until you have your own and you'll know!"
          I am so thankful for my In-Laws!  Ronnie and Ann are ALL that I could ask for in a mother and father-in-law and more!  They, too, do so much for Jon and I and even suggested we move in with them, but I decided it would be a little easier for me to live with my Mom during pregnancy so that I don't hurt any one's feelings if I start getting a little moody! I would feel much better about snapping at my own Mom than Jon's!  It's great to spend time at basketball games with them and live so close to them again!  And they couldn't be more excited about the new addition to our family!  I am also so thankful for a wonderful sister-in-law, Christy, and 2 nephews, Logan and Zane!  Christy is so easy to talk to and get advice from!  Jon looks at Logan like he is his own and I know Logan looks up to Jon too.  And Zane makes me laugh every time I see him!  He is such a character!  They would do anything for us and we are so thankful for them! 
          I am so thankful for my extended family!  I have amazing grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins in my life!  My family has always been my #1 priority and that will never change!  I love nothing more than family time, which is why Holidays are my favorite time! 
          I am so thankful for my amazing friends!  It is so great to have friends I can tell anything to and can trust with all my heart.  There are so many times in my life that I can remember a friend doing or saying something that completely brightened my day and I am so thankful for that!  Childhood friends, sorority sisters, coworkers, adulthood friends, etc, I am so blessed to have such amazing people to share my life with!
         I am so thankful for my job!  I have enjoyed every minute of being at Sebree Elementary this year and I thank God for finding a way to get me there!  I love my kids and being able to help them in so many different ways!  It's amazing to know that I have made a difference in their life!

God is GREAT!  Thank you, again, for my many gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment